Saturday, April 23, 2011

Discussion Question Number One: Part Eight

Various Real World Examples for Reasoning by Analogy


1) Reasoning by Analogy: I've used my cellphone here plenty of times in the Valley with no problems, so therefore, I can use it in the Bay Area, and expect and receive the exact same effect of no problems, too.

2) Sign Reasoning: If there is a sick person, there is a feeling of being unwell, in mood, for that person as well.

3) Casual Reasoning: My brother and I ate some sausages at a local restaurant for breakfast while my father did not because he does not like them, therefore I ate his so they would not go to waste. My brother and I get sick the next day and my father does not. The food at the restaurant got us sick.

4) Reasoning by Criteria: I wish to be respectful and kind to others, therefore, I will hold open that door for that gentleman.

5) Reasoning by Example: You should get one of those re-usable water bottles, it's better for the environment, and I have a friend who says it's bad to keep re-filling those plastic, disposable bottles with liquids, and worse in general to buy those to get a drink of water.

6) Inductive: Only lend amounts of money you wouldn't be bothered never getting back; you will be, mostly likely, not as frustrated with a person who has yet to pay you back.

7) Deductive: I always place my water bottle next to my bed so I can grab it every morning to get more. The water machine is in the DC, as it has been ever since I've been here at SJSU. My water bottle will be there tomorrow, and so will the machine so I can fill it with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment