Friday, May 13, 2011

Discussion Question Number Two: Part Ten

Group Decision Making: Favorite/Least Favorite Aspects

My favorite thing about the class was the convenience of being able to access everything through the website. This was my first online class, so I was unaware of how everything was going to feel like, and how well I'd be able to handle doing the work versus actually going to class. I enjoyed that everything was planned out ahead of time, and how essentially the professor was so well-organized and polite about everything.

I really enjoyed blogging about the posts and doing comments much more than I originally thought I would. Everything that was expected of us to do was fair; it wasn't asking too much. My least favorite thing about the class was the isolation, because it is an online class, and the fact that we all didn't really get to interact with each other as we would if it were a lecture/seminar. It was difficult at times to maintain motivation in getting started on discussion posts sometimes because it was such a convenience to simply open up the laptop and head to webpage. I don't think there's anything that needs improving in the class.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything that you said about online classes. I have taken an online class before and it was not as well planned out as this one. I never thought about it until you said it but having a teacher that is very well prepared and very organized is something that made this class extremely bearable and easy to do as well. The work that the teacher asked us to do for homework was always fair and she was very understanding if we had personal problems that conflicted with out work as well. She was very accommodating and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with everything that you stated. The website was very convenient and the website was very organized. I loved how our professor clearly posted links to every aspect of our group assignments, discussion posts, and what the discussions would be about ahead of time. I too dreaded blogging at first because I have never done it before and had no idea as to how to start a blog profile even with the given step by step directions, I was so confused but it now all seams so simple. I did not like the isolation I felt as well. Motivation to start the discussions was definitely lacked for myself as well. I couldn’t agree more with your post!

    ReplyDelete